- Diploma of Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Sarajevo, 1990
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1992
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1999
- Publications Editor,IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory (since 2008).
- Technical Program Co-Chair, IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium 2010.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Communications Letters (2002-2005).
- Co-Chair, DIMACS Princeton-Rutgers Seminar Series in Information Sciences and Systems (2003-2004).
- IEEE Rutgers Chapter Student Advisor (since 2002).
- Lucent Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded by WINLAB, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Rutgers University, 2001.
- Referee Award, awarded by the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 1999.
- Graduate Enhancement Fellowship awarded by the Electrical Engineering Department, Texas A&M University for research success, September 1997.
- Golden Pin Award, awarded by Electrical Engineering School, University of Sarajevo for overall GPA, May 1990.
- Second Place, Electric Circuit Theory National Championship, former Yugoslavia, 1987.
- Communication and Information Theory
- Coding and Sequence Theory, Signal Processing and Representation
- Cellular and Wireless LAN Systems
- Adhoc and Sensor Networks
- Y. Li, E. Soljanin, P. Spasojevic, "Collecting Coded Coupons Over Generations," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory (accepted 2010).
- H. Liu, L. Razoumov, N. Mandayam, and P. Spasojevic, "An optimal power allocation scheme for the STC hybrid-ARQ over energy limited networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.8, no.12, December 2009, pp.5718-5722.
- S. Kokalj-Filipovic, P. Spasojevic, and R.D. Yates, Geographic Data Propagation in Location-Unaware Wireless Sensor Networks: A Two-Dimensional Random Walk Analysis. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 27(7): September 2009, pp. 1158-1168.
- S. Kokalj-Filipovic, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, Doped fountain coding for minimum delay data collection in circular networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 27(5): June 2009, pp. 673-684.
- X. Tang, R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and H. V. Poor, "On the Throughput of Secure Hybrid-ARQ Protocols for Gaussian Block-Fading Channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory vol. 55, no. 4, Apr. 2009, pp 1575- 1591.
- D. Wu and P. Spasojevic, "Complementary set matrices satisfying a column correlation constraint", IEEE Trans. Information Theory, July, 2008.
- R. Liu, I. Maric, P. Spasojevic and R. D. Yates, "Discrete Memoryless Interference and Broadcast Channels with Confidential Messages: Secrecy Capacity Regions," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, June 2008.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "Incremental Redundancy Cooperative Coding for Wireless Networks Cooperative Diversity, Coding, and Transmission Energy Gain," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Mar. 2008.
- G. Lu, L. Greenstein, and P. Spasojevic, "Spectral and Spatial Properties of Antennas for Transmitting and Receiving UWB Signals," Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, Volume 57, Jan. 2008 Page(s):243 - 249.
- R. Liu, J. Luo, and P. Spasojevic, "Adaptive Transmission with Variable-Rate Turbo Bit-Interleaved Coded Modulation," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Volume 6, November 2007.
- G. Lu, L. Greenstein, and P. Spasojevic, "A new probability density function enhancing packet detection analysis for low SNR links, " IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology , May 2007.
- L. Lin, R. Yates, P. Spasojevic, "Adaptive transmission with finite code rates," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, Vol. 52, no 5, pp. 1847 - 1860, May 2006.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "Reliable channel regions for good binary codes transmitted over parallel channels," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 52, no 4, pp. 1405-1424, Apr. 2006.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "On the weight spectrum of good linear binary codes," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 51, no 12, pp. 4369-4373, Dec. 2005.
- J. Luo, R. Yates, and P. Spasojevic, "Service outage based power and rate allocation for parallel fading channels," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 51., no 7, pp. 2594- 2611, July 2005.