Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program
This 10-week internship program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor at a participating Navy laboratory.
- U.S. citizen (Permanent resident alien status considered at some labs)
- Sophomore, junior, senior or graduate students
- Enrolled at a participating university (a list may be found at http://nreip.asee.org)
- All majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories (lab descriptions may be found at http://nreip.asee.org)
Stipends will be paid bi-weekly, May through August. The amounts specified represent the total stipend allowance for the 10-week period as follows:
- $5,400 for new undergraduate student participants (students should possess a minimum of 31 credits by the end of Spring 2018)
- $8,100 for returning undergraduate students (students must have completed a full 10 week program in a prior year to receive this level)
- $10,800 for graduate students (students must currently be in graduate school and taking graduate school courses to receive this level)
The online application period opens every summer (specific dates may be found at http://nreip.asee.org).
General Dynamics Electric Boat Summer Internship
Electric Boat offers an excellent learning environment and real life experience for college students. We have over 2500 engineers currently involved in a significant amount of submarine design work. Most prominently the design of the Ohio Replacement (considered the top priority in the Navy), and Virginia Class construction support and design of upgrades such as the Virginia Payload Module and associated payloads. The Engineering interns are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With the guidance of Electric Boat's senior staff the interns will support the calculations, document development, shipyard problem resolution and other various technical activities. An introduction is provided to understand these complex products which lead to the potential inclusion for those who have a passion for this type of problem solving in the staff of the future.
Our Engineers take pride in the support they provide to protect our nation and our world in the design, engineering, build and delivery of world-class submarines. Imagine working side by side with some of the top talent in our industry while applying classroom learning in the workplace.
Engineering Interns will assist engineers in developing and checking calculations, reviewing and preparing technical documents, resolving shipboard problems with components, systems and structures and other engineering activities across the Engineering and Program organizations. As an intern you will typically work as part of a team in a specific engineering discipline while being mentored by one or more full-time engineers. Applicants should be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
Engineers at Electric Boat interface with designers, other engineering disciplines, service departments, shipyard personnel and our Navy customers. Using a design-build approach and working in a team environment, engineers develop innovative solutions to solve design development, new construction, and in-service problems on US Navy nuclear submarines. Being accepted into the Electric Boat internship means getting a mentor the first day you start that will guide you for the duration of your time here. This is the opportunity to kick start your career and gain engineering work experience in any of the following areas:
Must be pursuing a degree in one of the following engineering disciplines: Acoustic, Aerospace/Aeronautical, Marine, Systems, Nuclear, Naval Architecture, Electromechanical, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Industrial Engineering. Other relevant engineering degrees are encouraged to apply.
· Platform Systems
· Ship Signatures
· Hydrodynamics, Weights, & Hydrostatics
· CVN 21 & Moored Training Ship Fluids
· Air, HVAC, Hydraulic Ship Systems
· Fluid Systems
· Propulsion Plant Electrical
· Combat Systems Engineering
· Electrical Construction
· Construction Support Integration
· Propulsion Plant Structures, Shielding & Arrangements
· Propulsion Plant Fluid Systems
· Main Propulsion Machinery
· Hull and External Structural
· Internal Structural & Arrangements
· Life Cycle Engineering
Engineering - Civil / Mechanical / Other
GENERAL DYNAMICS, ELECTRIC BOAT
General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, arguably the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the first practical submarine for the U. S. Navy. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level. Please visit our website and apply on line at www.gdeb.com/careers
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Graduating December 2019 - May 2021
All Aerospace Engineering, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nautical/Naval Engineering, Network Engineering, and Nuclear Engineering majors
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required
You can apply for this position through your Handshake account.
WSP USA is a proven world leader in transportation engineering and consistently provides quality services in planning, design, construction management, and program management for a multitude of transportation agencies and organizations across the globe. We lead projects through innovation, quality design, and responsiveness that has made us a desirable employer for young professionals.
Be involved in projects with our Transit and Rail Team and be a part of a growing team that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Our Newark, New Jersey office is seeking an Intern to support the Transit & Rail group for the summer of 2019. This candidate should be enthusiastic and self-motivated and will be responsible for assisting technical staff in day-to-day project duties. The major projects involving intern support includes various transportation planning and design work.
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Intern I for our Newark, New Jersey office.
The TRUMPF Group is a German family-owned company with its head office in Ditzingen near Stuttgart. TRUMPF is one of the world's biggest providers of machine tools. The TRUMP Group is looking for an Automation/Production Engineering Intern for their Cranbury NJ location.
Internship involves the support of production / automation tools for laser diode manufacturing.
Duration: 4 months.
Colgate-Palmolive Company is looking for an exceptional Summer Intern to join our team to develop a Social Robotics and AI platform. Key personality attributes should include passion, energy, and the desire to build.
This internship will be a 10 week internship starting in June 2018
As part of prototype platform development, the intern will be integrating and implementing off-the-shelf robotics and AI technologies and features for next generation product promotion and consumer insight analysis platform for Colgate’s business. Working in close collaboration with Softbank Robotics Inc, USA and IBM Watson team, the intern will design, implement, and document various machine vision and speech recognition and synthesis, natural language understanding, data mining software to run on and test the robotics platforms for pilot deployment studies.
As a team, you will create new AI platform and analytics infrastructure covering cutting-edge Robotics technology with multifunctional sensors and control systems. Job functions will include: mastering and adapting AI platform, system level coding, embedded development and advanced image and natural language processing and digital signal processing.
- At least two - three years of course work toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong interest in Robotics and AI with academic experience programming in Python, C, C++, or Objective C
- Experience writing embedded Python and C/C++
- Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures and advanced programming techniques
- Skill in Machine Vision and Speech Recognition and Synthesis, Natural Language Processing using general purpose AI platforms.
- Familiarity with Python packages related to AI and advanced computing, such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Numba, Pandas, OpenCV, and Sklearn
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering students
- Foundation in machine vision and speech recognition and synthesis, natural language understanding, data mining
Please contact Linda Crowell for further information at email@example.com
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory
February 5, 2018
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and U.S. Department of the Navy by Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation (BMPC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bechtel National Inc. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are BMPC employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. BMPC employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. Since 1946, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced naval nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 7,000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel. For more information and to view meaningful career opportunities, please visit navalnuclearlab.energy.gov.
We are looking to hire 800 new engineers and scientists in 2018 and we are recruiting for our 2019 summer intern program. The employment opportunity below is limited to US Citizens. Due to the length of the security clearance process, we recruit extremely off-cycle for internships. We will accept applications from 2nd semester freshman that will complete their sophomore year by May 2019. We will recruit for internships for student completing at least their sophomore year by May 2019.
February 2, 2018
We would like to share with you some full time positions and summer internships opportunities with Igolgi Inc.
Igolgi Inc. provides innovative, flexible video compression solutions that can be tuned for individual installations. Our solutions are software based and optimized to run on a variety of multi-processor and hybrid CPU/Accelerator platforms. For more information check: http://www.igolgi.com/
Time Frame: Immediate
Igolgi, a leading developer of multi-core video processing software products, is seeking qualified C Software Development Engineers for full time employment. Candidates will work with experienced igolgi product engineers in the execution of product design and development. We are seeking applicants who are self-starters and excited to make contributions to cutting edge product technologies.
- Recent or near graduate in CS or EE or ECE
- Experience in C or C++
- Experience with Linux command line
- Experience installing Ubuntu or other distributions and managing Linux machines a plus
- Experience in network programing a plus
- Video and/or audio multimedia application development a plus
- Familiar with Git or other version control software a plus
- Ability to work well both independently and in a diverse team environment.
TITLE NEC Labs America Inc. - Research intern
NJ DEPARTMENT Optical Networking and Sensing
DESCRIPTION The Optical Networking and Sensing Research Department of NEC Laboratories America, located in Princeton, NJ, is seeking a Research intern. The successful candidate will participate in the development of data-driven social infrastructure solutions. The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team, show critical thinking and fast learning ability in their approach to problem solving. Minimum duration of the internships are usually 3 months and the exact dates are flexible.
• Currently enrolled in PhD/MSc/BS program in computer science, statistics, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
• Research experience in machine learning.
• Strong computational background.
• Strong programming and scripting skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT http://www.nec-labs.com/working-at-nec-labs/internships
Young-Geun You firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne Huang email@example.com