Course catalog description: Feedback amplifier analysis, Frequency response of BJT and FET amplifiers, and frequency response with feedback stability, operational amplifiers.
Credits and contact hours: 3 credits; 1 hour and 20-minute session twice a week, every week
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:361
Co-Requisite courses: None
- Single-stage BJT and FET amplifiers
- Multi-stage amplifiers
- Differential amplifiers
- Current sources and active loads
- High frequency single stage
- High frequency multi-stage
- Time constants and Bode plots
- Feedback amplifiers configuration
- Gain, input and output resistance of feedback amplifiers
- Feedback examples
- Stability of feedback amplifiers
- Bode plots; determining stability and compensation
- Analysis of 741 op-amp gain
- Stability example with 741 op amp
Textbook: R. C. Jaeger, Microelectronic Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill.
Other supplemental material: P.R. Gray, P. J. Hurst, S. T. Lewis and and R. G. Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.