Course catalog description: Topics of current interest and importance in electrical and computer engineering. Typically one topic per semester is studied intensively.
Credits and contact hours: 3 credits; 1 hour and 20-minute session twice a week, every week
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:346
Co-Requisite courses: None
- Introduction to Digital Signal Processing Design
- Review of DSP Fundamentals, Preliminary Exam
- MATLAB Coding of Signal Processing Algorithms
- Introduction to Speech and Image Processing
- Image Processing -Color Images
- Color Image Intensity Transforms and Spatial Filtering
- Color Image Processing in the Frequency Domain
- Image Restoration Methods
- Time-Domain Signal Estimation Methods (Short-Time Processing Representations)
- Frequency-Domain Methods (Short-Time Fourier Transform Representations)
- Convolutional Analysis Methods (Cepstral Representations)
- Algorithms for Signal Processing (Signal Detection, Statistical Pattern Recognizer, Periodicity Detection, Resonance Frequency Estimation)
- Principles of Computer Vision (Guest Lecturer)
Textbook: L. R. Rabiner and R. W. Schafer, Theory and Applications of Digital Speech Processing, Prentice-Hall Inc.
Other supplemental material: R.G. Gonzalez, R.E. Woods, S.L Eddins, Digital Image Processing using MATLAB, Prentice-Hall Inc.