Course catalog description: Introduction to VRML, stereoscopic display programming, scene graphs and hierarchical models, sensing glove calibration and interaction techniques, term project.
Credits and contact hours: 1 credit; Weekly 1 hour and 20 minutes session
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:331 or 14:125:309 or 01:198:211
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:376
- Overview of VRML language and VRML browser
- Sensor and event processing
- Script nodes in VRML and stereoscopic viewing
- Scene hierarchy, Geometry and Texture
- VRMLProto and Glove Devices
Textbook: Burdea and Coiffet, Laboratory Manual CD in "Virtual Reality Technology".