Course catalog description: Introduction to Unity 3D, stereoscopic display programming, scene graphs and hierarchial models, game 3D controllers, force feedback interfaces, 3D sound and interaction techniques, term project.
Credits and contact hours: 1 credit; Weekly 1 hour and 20 minute session
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:331 or 14:125:309 or 01:198:211
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:376
- Overview of Unity 3D Programming language and modeling
- Sensor and event processing
- Script nodes and stereoscopic viewing
- Scene hierarchy, Geometry and Texture
- Novint Force Feedback Interface Device
- Razer Hydra bi-manual game controller
- 3D sound
Textbook: Burdea and Coiffet, Laboratory Manual CD in "Virtual Reality Technology".