Course catalog description: Introduction to VR, input/output devices, haptic interfaces, dedicated hardware, world modeling, human factors in VR simulations, applications, the future of VR.
Credits and contact hours: 3 credits; 1 hour and 20-minute session, twice a week, every week.
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:331 or 14:125:309 or 01:198:211
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:378
- Virtual Reality Input Devices
- Virtual Reality Output Devices
- Computing Architectures for VR
- Programming in VR
- Human factors
- Traditional Applications of VR
- Emerging Applications of VR
Textbook: G. Burdea and P. Coiffet, Virtual Reality Technology, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2003.