Course catalog description: Laboratory experiments in transistor-level realization of CMOS, BiCMOS, TTL and ECL logic gates. Employing a learn-by-doing approach, emphasizing the hands-on-experimental experiences and computer simulation.
Credits and contact hours: 1 credit; Bi weekly 3-hour laboratory.
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:361; 14:332:363
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:366
- Building and wiring of diode circuits. Diode storage times.
- BJT Inverter. Static and switching characteristics.
- NMOS/CMOS inverters. Static and switching characteristics.
- TTL gates.
- Regenerative logic circuits, CMOS static RAM cells.
- Logic Analyzers; Programmable Logic Sequencer chips and their programming.
Other supplemental material: Laboratory Manual supplied by the instructor.