Course catalog description: Introduction to digital signal processing, sampling and quantization, A/D and D/A converters, discrete time systems, convolution, z-transforms, transfer functions, digital filter realizations, fast Fourier transforms, analog & digital filter design, digital audio applications.
Credits and contact hours: 3 credits; 1 hour and 20-minute session twice a week, every week
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:345, 14:332:347, 14:440:127
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:348
- Signal and Signal Processing
- Discrete-Time Signals and Systems
- Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Digital Processing of Continuous-Time Signals
- Finite-Length Discrete Transform
- LTI Discrete-Time Systems in the Transform Domain
- Digital Filter Structure
Textbook: S. J. Orfanidis, Introduction to Signal Processing, Prentice-Hall, available freely online from: http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/intro2sp/and R. Chassaing and D. Reay, Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the TMS320C6713 and TMS320C6416 DSK, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ.
Other supplemental material: S. J. Orfanidis, DSP Lab Manual.