Course catalog description: Experimental exercises in use of laboratory instruments; Filter design, construction, and simulation; measuring Fourier components of a periodic signal.
Credits and contact hours: 1 credit; Bi-weekly 3-hour laboratory.
Pre-Requisite courses: 01:640:152
Co-Requisite courses: 01:640:244 and 14:332:222
- Introduction to LTSpiceand Matlab; frequency response, transient response
- Series and parallel resonance
- Frequency response of different filters
- Frequency response using Bode plots
- The RC series circuit
- Step response of LRC series and parallel circuits
Textbook: J W. Nilsson and S. A. Riedel, Electric Circuits, Prentice Hall