|Phone:||(732) 932-6857 x641 (WINLAB), (848) 445-8515 (CoRE)|
|Office:||WTC 114 / CoRE 515|
Roy Yates received the B.S.E. degree in 1983 from Princeton and the S.M. and Ph.D. degrees in 1986 and 1990 from MIT, all in Electrical Engineering. Since 1990, he has been with the Wireless Information Networks Laboratory (WINLAB) and the ECE department at Rutgers University. Presently, he is an Associate Director of WINLAB and a Professor in the ECE Dept. He is a co-author (with David Goodman) of the text Probability and Stochastic Processes: A Friendly Introduction for Electrical and Computer Engineers published by John Wiley and Sons. He is a co-recipient (with Christopher Rose and Sennur Ulukus) of the 2003 IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications. His research interests include power control, interference suppression and spectrum regulation for wireless systems.
- Alexander Schwarzkopf Prize for Technological Innovation, 2008.
- Best Paper in the Wireless Communications Symposium, IEEE International Communications Conference, ICC 2006.
- Best Testbed Paper, 2nd International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, Tridentcom 2006.
- Marconi Prize Paper Award, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, best paper 2002.
- AT&T Bell Laboratories Fellowship 1985-1989.
- Resource Management in Wireless Systems
- Dynamic Spectrum Access and Spectrum Regulation
- Information Theory for Wireless Networks
- Future Internet Architectures
- D.N.C. Tse and R.D. Yates. Fading broadcast channels with state information at the receivers. IEEE Trans. Info Theory, 58(6):3453-3471, June 2012.
- N. Krishnan, R.D. Yates, N.B. Mandayam, and J.S. Panchal. Bandwidth sharing for relaying in cellular systems. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, 11(1):117-129, January 2012.
- L.H. Grokop, D.N.C. Tse, and R.D. Yates. Interference alignment for line-of-sight channels. IEEE Trans. Information Theory, 57(9):5820-5839, September 2011.
- C. Raman, G.J. Foschini, R.A. Valenzuela, R.D. Yates, and N.B. Mandayam. Half-duplex relaying in downlink cellular systems. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, 10(5):1396-1404, May 2011.
- Z. Li, R. Yates, and W. Trappe. Achieving secret communication for fast Rayleigh fading channels. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, 9(9):2792-2799, September 2010.
- I. Maric and R. Yates. Bandwidth and power allocation for cooperative strategies in Gaussian relay networks. IEEE Trans. Info Theory, 56(4):1880-1889, April 2010.
- J. Lei, L. Greenstein, and R. Yates. Link gain matrix estimation in distributed large-scale wireless networks. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Networks and Communications, Dec. 2009. Special Issue on Simulators and Experimental Testbeds Design and Development for Wireless Networks.
- S. Kokalj-Filipovic, P. Spasojevic, and R. Yates. Geographic data propagation in location-unaware wireless sensor networks: A two-dimensional random walk analysis. IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., 27(7):1158-1168, September 2009.
- W. H. Yuen, S. C. Mau, and R. D. Yates. Existence of data and multiuser diversities in noncooperative mobile infostation networks. IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput., 8(8):1117-1131, 2009.
- J. Acharya and R. Yates. Dynamic spectrum allocation for uplink users with heterogeneous utilities. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., 8(3):1405-1413, March 2009.