D.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Technion, Haifa, Israel, 1986.
Dipl. Engn, Electrical Engineering, Bucharest Polytechnic Institute, Romania, 1971.
- Best paper (or runner-up) award at the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition in 1999, 2000, 2007.
- The 2010 Longuet-Higgins prize for fundamental contributions in computer vision in the past ten years.
- Fellow IEEE, 2012
- Statistical approaches to computer vision.
- J H. Chen, P. Meer: Robust fusion of uncertain information. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, Cybernetics-Part B,, 35, 578-586, 2005
- B. Matei, P. Meer: Estimation of nonlinear errors-in-variables model for computer vision application. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell., 28, 1537-1552, 2006.
- O. Tuzel, F. Porikli, P. Meer: Pedestrian detection via classification on Riemannian manifolds. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell., 30, 1713-1727, 2008.
- R. Subbarao, P.Meer: Nonlinear mean shift over Riemannian manifolds. International Journal on Computer Vision, 84, 1-20, 2009.
- Lin Yang, B. Georgescu, Yefeng Zheng, Yang Wang, P. Meer, D. Comaniciu: Predication based collaborative trackers (PCT): A robust and accurate approach toward 3D medical object tracking. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 30, 1921-1932, 2011.
- S. Mittal, P. Meer: Conjugate gradient on Grassmann manifolds for robust subspace estimation. Image and Vision Computing, 30, 2012.
- S. Mittal, S. Anand, P. Meer: Generalized Projection Based M-Estimator. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell., 34, 2012.