Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
B.Sc., Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2006
- NSF CAREER Award in Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- specifically Smart Grid Infrastructures, 2015.
- Google Hall of Fame Security Award
- (a serious Android vulnerability discovery by Gabriel Salles-Loustau), 2015.
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE SmartGridComm, 2013.
- Summer Faculty Fellowship Award, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 2013.
- (Turned down due to other project commitments)
- Early CAREER Award, University of Miami, 2012.
- Provost Research Award, University of Miami, 2011.
- UIUC's Computing Habitat Programming Competition Award, UIUC, 2009.
- Firdawski Science Fellowship Award, 2007.
- Sohaib and Sara Abbasi Fellowship Award, UIUC, 2006.
- 7th Place at the Robotics World Cup (RoboCup), Rescue Simulation League, Germany, team “Impossibles,” 2006.
- Qualified to participate (as the first Iranians to do so) at the AIBO-Robotics World Cup, Sony AIBO 4-Legged Soccer League, Germany, team “Impossibles,” 2006.
- (World Championship) 1st Place in Robotics World Cup (RoboCup), Rescue League, Japan, team “Impossibles,” 2005.
- 5th Place at the Robotics World Cup (RoboCup), Soccer 3D League, Osaka, Japan, team “Arman,” 2005.
- Selected for Sharif Univ. of Tech. Artificial Intelligence (AI) M.Sc. program without nationwide exam, 2005.
- 2nd Place in AUT Open RoboCup, Rescue League, team “Falcon,” 2004.
- 1st in Nationwide Scientific Competitions, Iran, 2002.
- Entrance to National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents (NODET), Iran, 1996.
- 1st in Provincial Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents, East Azarbaijan, Iran, 1996.
- 2nd in Nationwide Scientific Competitions, Iran, 1995.
- Security and Privacy
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Intrusion Detection and Responce
- Embedded and Operating Systems Security
- Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis
- Trustworthy Power-Grid Critical Infrastructures
Ali Mazloomzadeh, Osama Mohammed, Saman Zonouz, Empirical Development of a Trusted Sensing Base for Power System Infrastructures, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015.
Ceeman Vellaithurai, Anurag Srivastava, Saman Zonouz, Robin Berthier, CPINDEX: Cyber-Physical Vulnerability Assessment for Power-Grid Infrastructures, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015.
Kate Davis, Chales Davis, Saman Zonouz, Rakesh Bobba, Robin Berthier, Luis Garcia, Peter Sauer, William Sanders, A Cyber-Physical Modeling and Assessment Framework for Power Grid Infrastructures, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2015.
Mohammad Haghighat, Saman Zonouz, Mohammed Abdel-Mottaleb, CloudID: Trustworthy Cloud-based and Cross-Enterprise Biometric Identification, Elsevier Expert Systems with Applications, 2015.
Saman Zonouz, Julian Rrushi, Stephen McLaughlin, Automated PLC Code Analytics for Detection of Industrial Control Malware, IEEE Security and Privacy, 2014.
Jill Jermyn, Gabriel Salles-Lousta, Saman Zonouz, An Analysis of DoS Attack Strategies Against the LTE RAN, Journal of Cyber Security, 2014.
Saman Zonouz, Matt Davis, Kate Rogers, Rakesh Bobba, Robin Berthier, Peter Sauer, William H. Sanders, SOCCA: A Security-Oriented Cyber-Physical Contingency Analysis in Power Infrastructures, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2014.
Saman Zonouz, Himanshu Khurana, William Sanders, Timothy Yardley, RRE: A Game-Theoretic Intrusion Response and Recovery Engine, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2013.
Saman Zonouz, Robin Berthier, Himanshu Khurana, William H. Sanders, Tim Yardley, Seclius: An Information Flow-based Consequence-Centric Security Metric, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2013.
Saman Zonouz, Parisa Haghani, Cyber-Physical Security Metric Elicitation in Smart Grid Critical Infrastructures Based on System Administrators' Responsive Behavior, Elsevier Computers and Security, 2013.
Saman Zonouz, Katherine M. Rogers, Robin Berthier, Rakesh Bobba, William H. Sanders, and Thomas J. Overbye, SCPSE: Security-Oriented Cyber-Physical State Estimation for Power Grid Critical Infrastructures, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2012.
Stephen McLaughlin, Brett Holbert, Saman Zonouz, Robin Berthier, A Multi-Sensor Energy Theft Detection Framework for Advanced Metering Infrastructures, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas on Communications, 2012.
Saman Zonouz, Amir Houmansadr, Robin Berthier, Secloud: A Cloud-based On-Demand Security Solution for Resource-limited Mobile Phone Devices, Elsevier Computers and Security, 2012.
Saman Zonouz and Parisa Haghani, Approximate Core Allocation for Large Cooperative Security Games, ISRN Communication and Networking, 2012.
Saman Zonouz, Sajed Miremadi, Seyyed Ghasem Miremadi, Parisa Haghani, A Fuzzy Markov Model for Scalable Reliability Analysis of Advanced Metering Infrastructure, submitted to International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 2012.