Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, SUNY, Stony Brook, NY, 1979
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, SUNY, Stony Brook, NY, 1978
B.Tech (Hons) Electronics and Electrical Communications, School of Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India, 1976
- Visiting Professor, EE Dept/Clean Slate Program, Stanford University (2008-09)
- Chief Scientist, Iospan Wireless, San Jose, CA (2000-2001)
- Asst. GM & Dept Head (Systems Architecture), NEC USA C&C Research (1993-99)
- Head, Broadband Communications Research, Sarnoff Corp, Princeton, NJ (1990-92)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff, Sarnoff Corp, Princeton, NJ (1988-90)
- Member of Technical Staff, RCA Laboratories, Princeton, NJ (1979-87)
- Schwarzkopf Prize for Technological Innovation (2008)
- Fellow of IEEE (1995)
- ISI “most frequently cited author” in the field of communications during 1985-2005
- Sarnoff Team Award for Development of the AD-HDTV System (1990)
- RCA Outstanding Technical Achievement Awards (1982, 83 and 85)
- Future network architectures and protocols
- Wireless systems and technology
- Dynamic spectrum access and cognitive radio
- Experimental prototyping and network research testbeds.
Representative recent papers/talks
- "Emerging Wireless Technologies and the Future Mobile Internet"
Dipankar Raychaudhuri & Mario Gerla (eds.) Cambridge University Press, 2011
- D. Raychaudhuri, X. Jing, I. Seskar, K. Le, J. Evans, “Cognitive Radio Technology: From Distributed Spectrum Coordination to Adaptive Network Collaboration”, Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 2008.
- S. Paul, D. Raychaudhuri, R. Yates and J. Kurose, “The Cache-and-Forward Architecture for Efficient Mobile Content Delivery Services in the Future Internet”, in Proc. ITU Next Generation Networks (NGN), Geneva, May 2008.
- Suli Zhao and D. Raychaudhuri, “Scalability and Performance Evaluation of Hierarchical Hybrid Wireless Networks”, IEEE Trans. on Networking, Oct 2009.
- Lin Luo, D. Raychaudhuri , M. Wu, D. Li and H. Liu, “End-to-End Performance Aware Association Mechanism for Wireless Municipal Mesh Networks”, to appear in Computer Communications, 2008.
- Z. Wu, S. Ganu and D. Raychaudhuri, "IRMA: Integrated routing and MAC scheduling in multihop wireless mesh networks", in Proc. 2nd IEEE Workshop on Wireless Mesh Networks, (WiMesh) 2006, Reston VA, Sept 2006.
- D. Raychaudhuri, I. Seskar, M. Ott, S. Ganu, K. Ramachandran, H. Kremo, R. Siracusa, H. Liu and M. Singh, "Overview of the ORBIT Radio Grid Testbed for Evaluation of Next-Generation Wireless Network Protocols," Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC'05), March 2005.
- D. Raychaudhuri, “Adaptive Wireless Networks Using Cognitive Radios as a Building Block,” ACM MobiCom Keynote Speech, Philadelphia, PA, September 2004.
Most frequently cited papers
- D. Raychaudhuri, et al, "WATMnet: A Prototype Wireless ATM System for Multimedia Personal Communication", IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, January 1997, pp. 83-95.
- D. Raychaudhuri and N. Wilson, “ATM Based Transport Architecture for Multiservices Wireless Personal Communication Network”, IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, October 1994, pp. 1401-1414. [ISI “Most Cited Paper” with over 2200 citations]
- K. Joseph, S. Ng, D. Raychaudhuri, R. Saint Girons, T. Savatier, R. Siracusa and J. Zdepski, “MPEG++: A Robust Compression and Transport System for Digital HDTV”, Image Communications, (1992), pp. 307-323.
- D. Raychaudhuri, "Design of Ku-band Satellite Data Networks Using Very Small Aperture Terminals - Part I: Multiaccess Protocols," International Journal of Satellite Communications, July-Sept, 1987, pp.195-212.
- D. Raychaudhuri, "Stability, Throughput and Delay of Asynchronous SREJ ALOHA," IEEE Trans. on Communications, July 1987, pp. 767-772.
- D. Raychaudhuri, "Announced Retransmission Random Access Protocols," IEEE Trans. on Communications, Nov. 1985, pp. 1183-1190.
- D. Raychaudhuri, "Performance Analysis of Random-Access Packet-Switched Code Division Multiple Access Systems," IEEE Transactions on Communications, June 1981, pp. 895–901.