Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
M.A. in Physics, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
B.S. in Physics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, 1996
- IEEE Region 1 Outstanding Teaching Award, 2013
- DARPA Young Faculty Award, 2012
- Rutgers ECE Young Researcher Award, 2011
- Ben Streetman Prize, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- Silicon nanophotonics: modulators, switches, light emission
- Photonic crystals: devices & physics (e.g. slow light, superprism)
- Silicon photonic microsystems: optical phased arrays, spatial light modulators, on-chip optical interconnects, optical information processing microsystems.
- Nanoimprint and molding
- Plasmonics and metamaterials; disordered and quasi-periodic media
- Other interests: polymer photonics; fiber optics; laser beam steering; gratings; liquid crystals; phased array antennas.
- Jun Tan, Richard A. Soref, and Wei Jiang, "Interband scattering in a slow light photonic crystal waveguide under electro-optic tuning," Opt. Express, vol. 21, 6756–6763 (2013).
- Weiwei Song, Manjit Chahal, George K. Celler, Yogesh Jaluria, Graham T. Reed, and Wei Jiang, "The influence of substrate on SOI photonic crystal thermo-optic devices," Opt. Express, vol. 21, 4235-4243 (2013).
- J. Tan, M. Lu, A. Stein, and W. Jiang, "High purity transmission of a slow-light odd mode in a photonic crystal waveguide," Opt. Lett. vol. 37, 3189 (2012).
- R.A. Integlia, L. Yin, D. Ding, D. Z. Pan, D. M. Gill, and W. Jiang, "Parallel-Coupled Dual Racetrack Silicon Micro-Resonators for Quadrature Amplitude Modulation," Opt. Express, vol. 19, 14892 (2011).
- W. Song, R. A. Integlia, and W. Jiang, "Slow light loss due to roughness in photonic crystal waveguides: An analytic approach", Physical Review B vol. 82, 235306 (2010).
- L. Gu, W. Jiang, X. Chen, L. Wang, and R. T. Chen, "High-speed silicon photonic crystal waveguide modulator for low-voltage operation," Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 90, 071105 (2007).
- W. Jiang, R. T. Chen, and X. Lu, "Theory of light refraction at the surface of a photonic crystal," Physical Review B 71, 245115 (2005).