ECE students win third place at the Myron Zucker Undergraduate Student Design Contest
Congratulations to ECE Students Minh Pham, Paul Kania and Matthew Brazza for winning third place at the Myron Zucker Undergraduate Student Design Contest with their paper SURPASS (Supplemented Urgency Regulating Personal Alert Safety System).
According to the award letter, the award includes the following:
• An IEEE IAS certificate
• A $400 team cash award ($133.33 per member)
• An IEEE IAS certificate for your academic department
• A $300 cash award for your academic department
• Complimentary registration for you to attend the 2014 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting (5-9 October in Vancouver, BC Canada)
• Complimentary lodging for you at the 2014 Annual Meeting
• The opportunity to present your project at a special Student Session held during the 2014 Annual Meeting
• Up to $2000 USD reimbursement (per team) for travel expenses associated with attending the 2014 Annual Meeting (excluding meals)
The winning paper was based on a capstone project, which received the first prize at the 2014 ECE Capstone competition.
Watch an informational video demonstrating the SURPASS system at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7FgXMXeJsY.
For more information, please see the following:
The SURPASS project website: www.RUsurpass.com
The SURPASS project poster: www.ece.rutgers.edu/files/capstone/capstone2014/SURPASS/SURPASS-Poster.pdf
The SURPASS project final report: www.ece.rutgers.edu/files/capstone/capstone2014/SURPASS/SURPASS-Final-Report.pdf
and all the ECE Capstone Design Projects at the Rutgers ECE Capstone Design webpage: www.ece.rutgers.edu/capstone