Assistant Research Professor
Dr. Ivan Rodero’s research falls into the general areas of parallel and distributed computing with a focus on extreme-scale computing. Specifically, his focus is on key issues to enable the scalability of next generation computing systems, including energy/power efficiency and scalable data management and analytics. Complementing his previous key research issues, his research also considers cloud computing mechanisms and abstractions to large-scale computing systems and includes the federation of cyber-infrastructure and clouds, and wide-area energy/data management.
He has co-authored over 70 papers in peer-reviewed international journals, conferences, book chapters and workshops. He also has served in editorial boards and as a guest editor of international journals, in the program committee of over 50 international conferences and workshops, and as a referee for several international journals and conferences.
He is publicity and publication chair of ACM CAC’13, posters chair of HPDC’13 and has organized various workshops in the area of green high performance computing. He is member of IEEE, ACM and AAAS.
M.S. Technical University of Catalonia (Barcelona Tech), Spain
Ph.D. Technical University of Catalonia (Barcelona Tech), Spain
Selected Recent Publications
• M. Parashar, M. Abdelbaky, I. Rodero, A. Devarakonda, “Cloud Paradigms and Practices for Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering,” IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering (CiSE) Magazine, IEEE Computer Society Press and AIP - to appear.
• I. Rodero, D. Villegas, Y. Liu, N. Bobroff, L. Fong, S.M. Sadjadi, "Enabling Grid Interoperability among Meta-Schedulers", Springer Journal of Grid Computing - to appear.
• M. Punceva, I. Rodero, M. Parashar, O.F. Rana, I. Petri ,"Incentivising Resource Sharing in Social Clouds", Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - to appear.
• M. Gamell, I. Rodero, M. Parashar, R. Muralidhar, “Exploring Cross-layer Power Management for PGAS Applications on the SCC Platform,” 21st International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC'12), pp. 235-246, Delft, the Netherlands, June 2012.
• D. Villegas, I. Rodero, A. Devarakonda, Y. Liu, N. Bobroff, L. Fong, S.M. Sadjadi, M. Parashar, “Leveraging Cloud Federation in a Layered Service Stack Model,” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, Volume 78, Number 5, pp. 1330-1344, 2012.
• Rodero, H. Viswanathan, E. K. Lee, M. Gamell, D. Pompili, and M. Parashar, “Energy- efficient Thermal-aware Autonomic Management of Virtualized HPC Cloud Infrastructure,” Journal of Grid Computing (Springer), Volume 10, Issue 3, pp. 447-473, 2012.
• K. Elangovan, I. Rodero, M. Parashar, F. Guim, I. Hernandez, “Adaptive Memory Power Management Techniques for HPC Workloads,” 18th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), Bangalore, India, December 2011.
• H. Kim, Y. el-Khamra, I. Rodero, S. Jha, M. Parashar, “Autonomic Management of Application Workflows on Hybrid Computing Infrastructure,” Scientific Programming, Volume 19, Number 2-3, pp. 75-89, 2011.
• I. Rodero, J. Jaramillo, A. Quiroz, M. Parashar, F. Guim, S. Poole, “Energy-Efficient Application-Aware Online Provisioning for Virtualized Clouds and Data Centers,” IEEE International Green Computing Conference (IGCC), pp. 31-45, Chicago, IL, 2010.
• I. Rodero, F. Guim, J. Corbalan, L. Fong, S.M. Sadjadi, “Grid broker selection strategies using aggregated resource information”, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 26, Issue 1, pp. 72-86, January 2010.
• Rodero, S. Chandra, M. Parashar, R. Muralidhar, H. Seshadri, S. Poole, “Investigating the Potential of Application-Centric Aggressive Power Management for HPC Workloads,” 17th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC) 2010, Goa, India, December 2010.
irodero @ rutgers.edu
848 445 8536