Automated Testing for BigJob
What is BigJob?
- BigJob is a general purpose pilot job framework
- It allows the submission of computational jobs to distributed systems without having to go through some form of resource assignment
- This decoupling allows for much more dynamic execution, which can in turn lead to increased speed and better utilization of resources
Why is automated testing needed?
- BigJob is not only widely used but still growing as a pilot job framework
- Automated testing allows for new additions to BigJob's source to be tested immediately after being pushed
- This allows for the fastest response if any errors are encountered in the automated build