Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
M.A. in Physics, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
B.S. in Physics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, 1996
Silicon nanophotonics: modulators, switches, light emission
Photonic crystals: devices & physics (e.g. slow light, superprism)
Silicon photonic microsystems: optical phased arrays, spatial light modulators, on-chip optical interconnects, optical information processing microsystems.
Nanoimprint and molding
Plasmonics and metamaterials; disordered and quasi-periodic media
Other interests: polymer photonics; fiber optics; laser beam steering; gratings; liquid crystals; phased array antennas.
Awards and Recognitions
Rutgers ECE Young Researcher Award, 2011
Ben Streetman Prize, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
Top-10 paper (of all engineering disciplines), GAIN conference, UT College of Engineering, 2005
Baoshan Steel & Iron Scholar, 1995
Recent Journal Articles
- R. A. Integlia, L. Yin, D. Ding, D. Z. Pan, D. M. Gill, and W. Jiang, "Parallel-Coupled Dual Racetrack Silicon Micro-Resonators for Quadrature Amplitude Modulation," Opt. Express, vol. 19, 14892 (2011).
- W. Song, R. A. Integlia, and W. Jiang, "Slow light loss due to roughness in photonic crystal waveguides: An analytic approach", Physical Review B vol. 82, 235306 (2010).
- R. A. Integlia, W. Song, J. Tan, and W. Jiang, "Longitudinal and Angular Dispersions in Photonic Crystals: A Synergistic Perspective on Slow Light and Superprism Effects," J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. vol. 10, 1596-1605 (2010).
- W. Jiang and R. T. Chen, "Symmetry-induced singularities of the dispersion surface curvature and high sensitivities of a photonic crystal," Phys. Rev. B vol. 77, 075104 (2008).
- L. Gu, W. Jiang, X. Chen, L. Wang, and R. T. Chen, "High-speed silicon photonic crystal waveguide modulator for low-voltage operation," Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 90, 071105 (2007).
- X. Chen, W. Jiang, J. Chen, L. Gu and R. T. Chen, "20dB-enhanced coupling to slot photonic crystal waveguide using multimode interference coupler," Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 091111 (2007).
- J. Chen, W. Jiang, X. Chen, L. Wang, S. Zhang, and R. T. Chen, "Holographic three-dimensional polymeric photonic crystals operating in the 1550 nm window," Appl. Phys. Lett. vol. 90, 093102 (2007).
- W. Jiang and R. T. Chen, "Rigorous Analysis of Diffraction Gratings of Arbitrary Profiles Using Virtual Photonic Crystals," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 23, pp. 2192-2197 (2006).
- W. Jiang, R. T. Chen, and X. Lu, "Theory of light refraction at the surface of a photonic crystal," Physical Review B 71, 245115 (2005).
- W. Jiang and R. T. Chen, "Multichannel optical add-drop process in symmetrical waveguide-resonator systems," Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, 213901 (2003).
wjiangnj @ ece.rutgers.edu