Mon, 02/19/2018 - 8:00am to Thu, 02/22/2018 - 9:30pm
Add to Calendar
National Engineers Week 2018
Monday, February 19, 2018
An engineering day of pride includes a Rube Goldberg competition. Free food and prizes!
- Time: TBD
- Location: Busch Student Center, The International Lounge
- Register for the Rube Goldberg competition (teams of 5 people or less)
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Dean's Distinguished Lecture
Dev C. Ittycheria, ENG '89, CEO and President MongoDB, Inc.
- Location: Fiber Optics Building, Easton Hub Auditorium
- Time: 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 noon (Reception to follow lecture)
Students present internship experiences to a panel of industry judges. Attendees have a chance to network with alumni. Food will be served.
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Busch Student Center, Multipurpose Room
- Apply to be one of the internship presenters. Prizes will be awarded. Deadline to apply TBD.
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Young Engineers Day
To cultivate a love of engineering at an early age, we invite K-12 schools to join us.
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Busch Student Center
For more information please contact Michael Brown, Assistant Dean for Engineering Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, February 22, 2018
Cardboard Canoe Races
Students, deans, alumni, and faculty compete to build and navigate vessels of cardboard, duct tape, and garbage bags. Refreshments will be provided.
- Location: Sonny Werblin Recreation Center
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Races begin 7:00 p.m.
- Register for the race with a team of 2 people (Space is limited)