Deborah Silver is a Professor in the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and the Executive Director of the Professional Science Master’s Program. She received a B.S. from Columbia University School of Engineering and an MS and Ph.D. from Princeton University in Computer Science. Her area of research is in Scientific Visualization she has been a PI in the Vizlab at the CAIP Center, Rutgers University since joining the faculty. She has taught courses in Computer Graphics, Visualization, Data Structures, Software Engineering and Robotics. She is involved in different visualization projects including oceanic visualization, medical visualization, CFD visualization, and volume graphics. She has been co-chair of the papers session and program co-chair of the yearly IEEE Visualization conference, she has been Vice Chair of operations for the IEEE Technical Committee on Computer Graphics (1993-2000), and she has been on the editorial committee of the IEEE Transaction on Visualization and Computer Graphics (1995-2000). She was the Associate Dean for Continuing and Professional Education for the School of Engineering from 2008-2010.
B.S., Computer Science, Columbia University 1984
- Program Committee, IEEE Visualization 2006, 2007.
- Vice-Chair of Operation, IEEE Technical Committee on Computer Graphics, (1993- 2000).
- Editorial Board, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, (1995-2000).
- Scientific Visualization
- Computer Graphics
- Carlos D. Correa, Deborah Silver and Min Chen, "Constrained Illustrative Volume Deformation", Computers and Graphics, Vol. 34, 2010.
- Carlos D. Correa, Deborah Silver and Min Chen. "Illustrative Deformation for Data Exploration", Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics , vol.13, no.6, pp.1320-1327, Nov.-Dec. 2007 (Proc. Visualization 2007, Sacramento, CA, Oct-Nov, 2007).
- S. Islam, D. Silver and M. Chen, "Volume splitting and its Applications", IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 13(2), 2007.
- N. Cornea, D. Silver and P. Min, "Curve Skeleton, Properties and Algorithms", IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 13(3), May 2007.
- Carlos D. Correa, Deborah Silver and Min Chen. "Feature Aligned Volume Manipulation for Illustration and Visualization IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics",Proceedings Visualization / Information Visualization 2006, vol. 12, no. 5, Sept.-Oct. 2006.
- Maria Velez, Deborah Silver, Marilyn Tremaine. "Understanding Visualization through Spatial Ability Differences", Proceedings of IEEE Visualization 2005. Minneapolis, Min. 23-28 Oct. 2005.
- D. Silver and X. Wang, "Tracking and Visualizing Turbulent 3D Features", IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Volume 3, Number 2, June 1997.