Course catalog description: Assembly language programming for one of the standard commercial RISC microprocessors. Design and implementation of a simple microprocessor-based, single-user computer.
Credits and contact hours: 1 credit; Bi-weekly 3-hour laboratory.
Pre-Requisite courses: 14:332:231 and 14:332:233.
Co-Requisite courses: 14:332:331.
- Machine Language Instructions, warming up with simulator, high level language to low level conversion
- Control flow (including loops and branches), Inputs & outputs, making decisions
- Arithmetic operations and combinatorial logic
- CPU structure, pipeline programming and hazards, Exceptions and interrupts
- Memory technologies and hierarchy, Simulating a Cache
- GPU Parallelism and performance
Other supplemental material: Laboratory manual supplied by the instructor.