- Welcome to summer REU students Dean Coco and Gautam Ramasubramaniam!
- Three papers to appear at ISIT 2016... I'm looking
forward to Barcelona!
Bikash Kumar Dey, Sidharth Jaggi, Michael Langberg, and Anand D. Sarwate, A bit of delay is sufficient and stochastic encoding is necessary to overcome online adversarial erasures.
Kousha Kalantari, Lalitha Sankar, and Anand D. Sarwate, Optimal Differential Privacy Mechanisms under Hamming Distortion for Structured Source Classes.
Zahra Shakeri, Waheed U. Bajwa, and Anand D. Sarwate, Minimax Lower Bounds for Kronecker-Structured Dictionary Learning.
- New papers:
Chong Huang, Lalitha Sankar, and Anand D. Sarwate, Incentive Schemes For Privacy-Sensitive Consumers, Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality 7 (1), 2016.
Avleen S. Bijral, Anand D. Sarwate, and Nathan Srebro, On Data Dependence in Distributed Stochastic Optimization, ArXiV 2016.
Some recent publications
Distributed learning and optimization
- A. Bijral, A.D. Sarwate, N. Srebro, On Data Dependence in Distributed Stochastic Optimization, ArXiV report number arXiv:1603.04379 [math.OC], March, 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- L. Xie, S.M. Plis, A. Sarwate, Data Weighted Ensemble Learning for Privacy-Preserving Distributed Learning, Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, March 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- M. Ghassemi, A.D. Sarwate, Distributed Proportional Stochastic Coordinate Descent with Social Sampling, Proceedings of the 53rd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, October 2015. [BibTeX entry]
- A.D. Sarwate, T. Javidi, Distributed Learning of Distributions via Social Sampling, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 60(1): pp. 34--45, January 2015. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
- C. Huang, L. Sankar, A.D. Sarwate, Designing Incentive Schemes For Privacy-Sensitive Users, Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality 7(1): March 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- H. Imtiaz, A.D. Sarwate, Symmetric Matrix Perturbation for Differentially-Private Principal Component Analysis, Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, March 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- A.D. Sarwate, S.M. Plis, J.A. Turner, M.R. Arbabshirani, V.D. Calhoun, Sharing privacy-sensitive access to neuroimaging and genetics data: a review and preliminary validation, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics 8(35): 2014. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
- K. Chaudhuri, A.D. Sarwate, K. Sinha, A Near-Optimal Algorithm for Differentially-Private Principal Components, Journal of Machine Learning Research 14: pp. 2905--2943, September 2013. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
- T. Hazan, F. Orabona, A.D. Sarwate, S. Maji, T. Jaakkola, High Dimensional Inference with Random Maximum A-Posteriori Perturbations, ArXiV report number arXiv:1602.03571 [cs.LG], February, 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- S. Song, K. Chaudhuri, A.D. Sarwate, Learning from Data with Heterogeneous Noise using SGD, ArXiV report number arXiv:1412.5617 [cs.LG], December, 2014. [BibTeX entry]
- N.P. Santhanam, A.D. Sarwate, J.O. Woo, Redundancy of Exchangeable Estimators, Entropy 16(10): pp. 5339--5357, October 2014. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
- S. Sabato, A.D. Sarwate, N. Srebro, Auditing: Active Learning with Outcome-Dependent Query Costs, ArXiV report number arXiv:1306.2347 [cs.LG], June, 2013. [BibTeX entry]
- Z. Shakeri, W.U. Bajwa, A.D. Sarwate, Minimax Lower Bounds for Kronecker-Structured Dictionary Learning, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, July 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- A. Lalitha, T. Javidi, A. Sarwate, Social Learning and Distributed Hypothesis Testing, ArXiV report number arXiv:1410.4307v5 [math.ST], May, 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- B.K. Dey, S. Jaggi, M. Langberg, A.D. Sarwate, The benefit of a 1-bit jump-start, and the necessity of stochastic encoding, in jamming channels, ArXiV report number arXiv:1602.02384 [cs.IT], February, 2016. [BibTeX entry]
- A.D. Sarwate, A.G. Dimakis, The Impact of Mobility on Gossip Algorithms, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 58(3): pp. 1731--1742, March 2012. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
- A.D. Sarwate, M. Gastpar, List-Decoding for the Arbitrarily Varying Channel Under State Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 58(3): pp. 1372--1384, March 2012. [BibTeX entry] [Local/OA version]
Some of my research is supported by grants from generous agencies. Many thanks to them!
[Verisign] gift through DIMACS Center to work on applied and theoretical privacy (PIs: Rebecca Wright, Anand D. Sarwate)
[DHS] through CCICADA Center: DPAD: Differentially Private Anomaly Detection (PIs: Rebecca Wright, Anand D. Sarwate)
[DARPA] Brandeis, subcontract with Galois, Inc.: Jana: Ensuring Secure, Private and Flexible Data Access (PI: David Archer (Galois) -- subaward to Rutgers: Rebecca Wright (PI), Co-PIs: Anand D. Sarwate, David Cash)
[NSF] CCF-1525276: CIF: Small: Active data screening for efficient feature learning (PI: Waheed Bajwa, Co-PI: Anand D. Sarwate)
[NIH] 1R01DA040487-01A1: COINSTAC: Decentralized, Scalable Analysis of Loosely Coupled Data (PI: Vince Calhoun (MRN) -- subaward to Rutgers: Anand D. Sarwate (PI))
[NSF] CCF-1453432 CAREER: Privacy-preserving learning for distributed data (PI: Anand D. Sarwate)